-Be a part of growing an innovative storytech startup right from the heart of heritage Georgetown, Penang
-Contribute to the growth of VR / AR non fiction storytelling in Asia / Pacific
-6 month contract with growth potential
Maitree V/AR is a digital startup based in Penang Malaysia specialising in producing immersive non-fiction storytelling projects. It is an extension of the Australian production studios Maitree House who works with clients to tell stories that matter.
Maitree V/AR leverages traditional and new multimedia technologies like Virtual and Augmented Reality to craft innovative and delightful ‘story driven’ solutions for commercial, education, tourism, art and entertainment sectors.
We are looking for a dynamic digital producer / journalist who can lead our team to source and produce original content and stories for VR, AR and mixed reality story projects in the Asia Pacific region. The position is a 6-month full time contract out of our Georgetown office - with the possibility of extending to a part or full time position afterwards.
To be successful at this position you must:
-Be passionate about non fiction storytelling and have a keen eye for finding interesting, fresh story content
-Have initiative, be willing to think creatively to find alternate solutions and contribute new ideas for project concepts
-We are in the startup phase so we need someone who can work independently and can innovate within the role
Key Tasks in the role:
1. Source and create content: Source and create dynamic original content and stories for AR/ VR projects in the Asia Pacific region
2. Make it happen: Organise logistics of yourself and team to travel and produce the stories on the ground
3. Pitch: Pitch story/ project ideas to potential clients in the region.
4. Develop and maintain networks: Develop and maintain relationships with relevant external organisations and freelance producers
5. Creative vision: Contribute new and creative ideas to improve the way Maitree V/AR presents/tells its stories.
6. Share knowledge and passion: Maitree V/AR will develop a training program for community storytellers interested in learning immersive/VR storytelling skills. We would like each team member to enjoy passing on some of their awesome skills in different types of workshop settings.
-Excellent editorial judgement and demonstrated knowledge of regional issues/news
-Practical experience in seeking out stories and talent
-A tertiary qualification in a relevant field together with practical experience in journalism and/or non-fiction / documentary filmmaking.
-Experience in videography/ DSLR filming and willingness to learn 360 camera op
-Skills in creating and editing basic content using Adobe Suite
-Must be able to independently handle multiple projects simultaneously
-A demonstrated awareness of new media technologies and platforms
-The ability to work as part of a team and meet regular production deadlines
-Willingness to travel and work flexible hours in line with production demands
-Proficient in English and Malaysian (and one other regional dialect desirable)
-Ready to have fun, try new things and work with our founders to build an innovative and meaningful VR storytelling agency from our gorgeous heritage office in the heart of Georgetown, Penang!
How to apply: Email Senior Producer Peta Khan: email@example.com with a:
1. Cover Letter explaining your interest in the role and why you would rock this position
2. Your CV (1-2 pages max)
3. Links to relevant portfolio/previous work
Application Deadline: Please email Peta no later than Friday 24th August 2018 COB. For further info: Don’t hesitate to email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org